Friday, August 27, 2010

And then there were three

And then there were three (actually I should say four...sorry jude)
On August 19th at 12:06 pm our beautiful daughter Lennon Simone was brought into the world. She was 7 pounds 3 oz. and 20.5" long, she has the longest feet I have ever seen maybe she will be a runner :) I never thought I could love another human being as much as I love her and while it is so exciting to have her in our lives I do get nervous from time to time, will I be a good mom, will I be able to handle taking care of her, a full time job, being a good wife, and will I have time for me ever again? I am sure these are thoughts that run thru every new mom's mind.. at least tell me this is normal.
Anyway.... here is a pic of me a couple of days before she arrived... I was getting so uncomfortable and I
remember the first thing that came out of my mouth after I had her was "Wow... it feels so good to have her out of my belly"
I think the coolest thing was when she was born the Dr. asked "Ok, dad.. wanna see what the sex of the baby is?" and Dean in tears
said, "it's a girl" as I laid there all I could think was is she ok, does she have any problems and then as soon as I saw her I knew she was perfect.
Here is Lennon Simone.

Now Flash forward a week later we are settled in at home and starting to get into a routine, we both are getting a pretty good amount of sleep I guess as
much as you can expect. Dean has been so helpful. I get up and feed her then he will get up and rock her to sleep so I can get some rest then in the morning I get up while he lays in bed with her so I can have a little down time, drink some coffee, read the paper and eat some breakfast, this will change next week though when he has to
go back to work but I think Lennon and I will get something figured out when it is just her and I together. We have been taking her on walks with Jude every day which is good for all of us, for dean and I to get some fresh air and out of the house and for Jude who I think is warming up to Lennon (at least I think so) I don't want to exclude jude so I need to post a cute
pic of her too as well as some pics of Lennon's room


















5 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Matt and I bring you dinner sometime this following week? Let us know what night works best for you and we'll come over! We love you all so much and are so happy for Lennon to have arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole - what a great blog! can't wait to see more pics as she grows. what a sweet blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dean and Nicole, Congrats to you both! You have a beautiful baby girl. I know you will be great parents. Hope to see you all soon. We miss you guys. Great blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you started a blog! Maybe this will motivate me to tend to my own! Yes, you will have tons of questions and wonder if you are doing it right (I have those questions every single day) but then they grow and change and learn and you start to realize you must be doing SOMETHING right! I love the picture when she was born! She is soooo long and her feet are long too!

    ReplyDelete